01/08/2015

Superdrug Make Up Haul

Hello!

I have been to Superdrug for a bit of a make up shopping spree.

I was in desperate need of some new foundation and mascara, and once I'd started researching ones to buy I ended up with a fairly long shopping list, so I'll get straight to it!



Max Factor FaceFinity 3 in 1 Foundation

I think this is the same product as the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation in the US, but I'm not 100% sure!

This is apparently a fairly high coverage foundation, which is what I was after as I already have a more sheer one. It is advertised as a primer, concealer and foundation in one, although I'm sure I'll probably end up wearing concealer with it as well.

I had some issues choosing a shade, as the Beige 55 looked really pale on my skin, however Golden 75 looked slightly on the darker side. I ended up going for the Golden 75, as it was slightly closer to my skin tone and I already have a foundation that is very light which I could mix it with.

I will be doing a full review of this foundation once I've had a chance to try it out a few times.

Maybelline Sensational Mascara

If you're a regular beauty blog reader/beauty video watcher, you've probably seen this mascara been raved about!

I've been using a Bare Minerals mascara previously which I really loved, so I wanted a new mascara that would live up to my expectations. This one was recommended to me by a friend, then after looking it up online I saw that a lot of people had great reviews about it so I've decided to try it out!

 Revolution Eyeshadow Palette in Romantic Smoked

For the longest time I've just been using the Naked2 palette, and while it has some great matte and shimmery shades, they all are basically different shades of brown/gold so I decided it was time to branch out and get a new palette.

I have gone for the Romantic Smoked because I have brown eyes, and this palette is mainly purples and greens which I've heard are good colours to match brown eyes.

There are 6 shimmery ones and 6 matte, with plenty of range to do inner corners, crease and eyelids in green, purple or pink, which I think is a really great deal considering the palette is only £4!

I might do a full review with swatches of this palette, but if you're looking for some new shades to add to your eyeshadow collection I don't think you can really go wrong with 12 colours for £4.

Miss Sporty 24hr Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

I feel like I've come full circle with eyeliners, when I was a young teenager I started out using liquid eyeliners like this, then I moved on to pen eyeliners, then on to gel in a pot, then back to pens, now liquid again.
I thought liquid ones are harder to apply accurately, pens always dry up especially if you're trying to put them on over eyeshadow, and gel ones always seem to dry up quickly too.

I think I'm always going to find faults so matter which product I use!

So now I'm back to liquid, and I bought this one purely because my friend said she had heard good things about it so hopefully this one will satisfy me for at least a few months.

MUA Eyeliners in Snow White and Berry Wine

Can you believe these are only a pound each??

I love these MUA ones because they come with a sharpener on the lid, which is absolutely ideal as I ALWAYS lose my sharpeners. I don't really have much more to say about these, the sharpener and the price to me make them clear winners when it comes to choosing eyeliner pencils.


So that's it for my mini make up haul, I can't wait to try some of these products out, and keep your eyes peeled for a review of the Max Factor foundation and the Revolution palette in the near future! :)

xxxx

No comments :

Post a Comment